Dear Valued Patient,
In addition to following standard precautions, we are implementing some changes encouraged by the ADA to ensure the safety of our patients as well as our team members.
You may notice these differences when visiting our office:
- All toys and magazines will remain removed from the reception area.
- All high-touch surfaces in common areas will be disinfected routinely throughout the day.
- We encourage electronic paperwork to be completed before your appointment
- We may ask you to wait in your car to reduce reception room traffic
- We ask that patients come to their appointment unaccompanied unless the patient is minor or has a legal guardian.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be asked to sanitize your hands and wear a mask while in our office.
- You’ll be asked about any recent travels or that of any family members/co-inhabitants.
- We routinely take blood pressure in our office. We’ll take your temperature as well.
- Once you have been brought to your exam or operatory room, you’ll be given a pre-procedural rinse to be used prior to beginning your treatment.
- We spray the treatment rooms with hospital-grade disinfectant between patients. The disinfectant we use has a dwell time of only 4 minutes — the shortest time available on the market.
- We are utilizing new suction devices during some appointments to decrease exposure to saliva spray.
- Our office was constructed with air flow turnover in mind. Each room turns over to fresh air every eight minutes. We have hospital laboratory grade filters in all of our return air exchanges and the entire office is refreshed with 30% fresh air from outside every hour.
- Team members continue to wear extra PPE and are careful in their own personal social distancing.
Coronaviruses are envelope-type viruses and are the easiest to kill with the proper disinfectant. As always, try to keep your immune system healthy and wash your hands and body appropriately. Remember that stress can deplete your immune system too!